What Benefits will EESSI Brink?
What benefits will EESSI bring?
Faster and more efficient message exchange between social security institutions:
- EESSI will speed up exchanges between national authorities. It will allow them to handle individual cases more quickly, and facilitate a faster calculation and payment of benefits.
More accurate data exchange between national authorities:
- Social security institutions across the EU will use standardised electronic documents translated into their own language, improving multilingual communication.
- EESSI will introduce safeguards to ensure that the data exchanged is correct and complete, helping institutions to combat fraud and error.
- EESSI will optimise case handling, introducing standard electronic procedures to be followed by institutions; this will further enhance the correct application of social security coordination rules.
Secure handling of personal data:
- EESSI will introduce the use of a common secure infrastructure for cross-border data exchange between social security institutions.
- It will enable message exchange between national institutions, but the system will not create a database to store such messages and personal data centrally. The content of the messages will only be available to the relevant institutions, and Member States will remain responsible to ensure a high standard of data protection, in line with EU rules.
- EESSI will follow the latest standards in IT security.